Prepping anything fragile ready to move house can be daunting. If you need to pack a mirror, these can be especially fear-inducing as they can be large, heavy, and expensive. That’s why we’ve put together a short but handy guide to help you.
What you will need:
- 2-3 large blankets
- Shrink wrap
- A helping hand
- Start by folding one of your blankets lengthways, so it is the length of your mirror.
- If the blanket is big enough fold it again so you have double the protection.
- If not, do the same again with another blanket.
- Take the 3rd blanket it and drape it over the whole mirror.
- Ask your helping hand to hold the blanketed mirror up and shrink wrap.
- As your mirror has a double layer of protection, both the glass, the edges and any decoration will be fully protected and safe from any damage during transportation.
Asking someone else to pack
If you ask us to be your removal company, you won’t have to worry about needing to pack a mirror or any other items in your home for that matter… As part of our Gold Package we will complete a full home pack for you. Not only will this save you the time, effort and worry of packing yourself but you will also receive a comprehensive level of cover. For more information, please call us on 0121 517 0368.
More packing hints and tips
We understand that you may not want or need our Gold package. Therefore, we have more hints and tips on how to both dismantle and pack your belongings. For instance, click here for our advice on dismantling wardrobes.